Saturday, May 3, 2008

Installing Hardy (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS) on Asus eee pc(II)

Update: Working procedure is by this link

Below is just description of broken update.


First problems



The Update manager of my eeeXubuntu Gutsy requested 900 mb to be free'd.

I have 1 gb swap for the hibernation, thats way I don't have enough space for the upgrade.

solution


Thats way I have removed previously installed applications:



sudo apt-get remove
claws-mail*
djview
xpaint
freemind
emacs
vlc

sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get clean


of cause I am going to install this all back
after the finishing upgrade from the Gutsy.


then from mozilla -> tools -> Clear private data

This way 1gb+ storage were free'd on the device
(I am storing all data on card, thats way /home/ doesn't contain a lot of the data).

It is proceeding with the install now.

However, next time I'll prefer
to configure the update manager to store it's files on the sd card.

No comments: